FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kylee Stradling...You have a Client!


Ok... so i realized that since im a second year at school i would have to eventually get a client.. but i just told myself I'd be busy and "accidentally" not hear it :) So i wasn't really ever scared..

But today...oh how today was an adventure!
We have a senior book that we have to complete by the end of our second year and my
friend and I (Kelsey) do a lot of the minimals on each other.
So today she wanted to do a scalp treatment on me, i get my hair shampooed so i
figured, why not?!

We had just got done at the shampoo bowl and were back at my station right?
Right, so she was combing my SOAKING WET, DRIPPING HAIR, when
we hear "Kylee Stradling, you have a client"

Now, lets pause for a minute and look at this situation shall we?!
I have my hair disgustingly wet, barely combed out, a shampoo cape on, my station is a
hideous wreck, and IT'S MY FIRST CLIENT!

{PLAY}

Right then Kelsey hurries like lightening speed to comb my hair out and try to make me look
at least half way normal before i go meet the person who is about to try and endure an
awful doom.. while i try not to pee my pants of course.
(wouldn't that just make everything better?)

I hurry up, go tell Ms. Devine (the best teacher on the planet!) And we go to
get the victim!
Turns out to be this sweet old lady named Annabelle (how cute?!)
As she was telling me what she wanted done she says
as quiet as possible "It's okay if you mess it up, im old anyways and my hair grows! *she laughs*"
Now im like, GREAT! She already knows it's gonna be a disaster and a half!

So.. remember how my hair was wet?! Well.. as im shampooing her hair,
mine is dripping on her face!
I told her the story what happened and apologized, and this was her response to me
"Oh, it's quite ok! I have tons of birds at home that sit on my shoulders and if i want them off i just squirt them with my water bottle, so im wet all day anyways!"
uh....BAHAHAHA!!!! This lady is crazy!

Long story short with her hair cut.. it turned out perfectly fine and i was
actually amazed with myself!
Yes, my Ms. Devine was checking in on me every once in a while and i was able to ask her questions and advice on things, but overall I did it!
Most importantly, with not peeing my pants, that's the real accomplishment here ;)
haha, joke!

Then to top off a great experience...Happy bird lady Annabelle gave me a $2 tip!
What a great day it was indeed :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! And that was quite the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish I could meet Annabelle!! But I'm glad it all wotked out for you!!! I had faith in you!!! Good job best friend!!! I can't wait for you to cut my hair when I come home!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet little old lady...how cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am so super excited for you! I knew you could do it all along! :D You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha that is one Awesome story!! Glad you shared it! :)

    ~allie Bean

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I am so going to have to have you cut my hair sometime! I'm glad your first cliet turned out to be such a good experience for you! You Rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment at the beep... BEEP!!